Sunday, June 5, 2011

Torn

I love WeightWatchers and all of the benefits of the program. It works for me and for many many others but here’s my issue, tracking gets very mundane and overwhelming.

This isn’t me being lazy either. I am good at tracking and I make sure to do it Saturday – Thursday (I give myself Fridays off) for every single meal, every single bite and every single day but I don’t know if I want to do it forever.

WW has a program that you can eat specific foods from a list and then you do not have to track but I do not want to limit myself to those foods. I want to be able to eat anything I want and not worry whether I have the points for it.

No, I DO NOT want to go back to my old eating habits of binging and eating greasy foods constantly. What I DO want is to be able to have that extra corn on the cob or a few extra potatoes and not worry about whether I’m going to start dipping into my Weekly Points or Activity Points. I just want to eat them.

[source]

It is a continuous struggle for me. I see others who just eat their food. They make their healthy choices, eat it and there’s no guilt or worry about whether they’re going to be over their points. I desperately want that.
I know that WW is all about eating whatever the heck you want and I do enjoy pizza or Chinese food (etc). Those are things I have no problem tracking, where I really go back and forth is with the healthy food but I think I really need the structure of tracking.
Last time I stopped tracking and just ate healthy, my eating started to slide. I started out fine but then slowly but surely I ended up going back to the greasy, bad for you food. I want to believe I’ve taught myself better eating habits but I don’t know if I can trust myself.

Does anyone have any advice or experience with this?


How do you feel about tracking for the rest of your life or do you plan on stopping at some point?

1 comment:

Megan said...

I really do understand how you feel - I'm battling the same issues. I've recently switched over to tracking calories instead of points and it was a good switch for me.

I'm planning on tracking until I get to goal and then probably for another few months until I know I can maintain, then I'm planning on switching to Intuitive Eating. If you don't follow Leah - http://kindlifeofleah.blogspot.com/ - she's making the switch from WW to Intuitive Eating, and it's a good insight to seeing how the switch works.

Wishing you the best!