Tuesday, May 31, 2011

What Motivates You?

I started my journey back in September and prior to that, I had been really struggling with finding any sort of motivation to get moving. I was on the WW boards but was just not paying attention to my eating and I most certainly was NOT working out. It was sad but I just couldn’t find a single thing in me that made me want to be healthy.

Then S proposed and everything changed!


Yep! That's my ring.

I immediately started caring about what I put into my mouth and it mattered that I couldn’t walk up the stairs without breathing hard. I made a change! I started shopping and loading my house with fruits and veggies and I began a bootcamp workout.

When I shared with people that I planned getting healthy and losing some weight for my wedding, a lot of those people said that I didn’t want to go crazy and get too skinny for my wedding. Their reasoning was because they didn’t want me to look back at those pictures and always wish to be that weight again and hate the way I looked in the future. That I should aim for a healthy, sustainable loss.

Initially I hated this advice and ignored it but after thinking about it for awhile, my whole outlook changed. Yes, I definitely want to get in shape and I want to get to a healthy weight range but I don’t want it to be solely because of my wedding. If that’s why I do it, as soon as my wedding is over, I’ll go back to my old eating habits and that is NOT what I want.

I decided that I was going to make this a lifestyle change that would be made for a lifetime. I started thinking about the children I hope to have after getting married. I want to be as healthy as possible when I’m carrying them and then I want to be able to keep up with them once they’re born. I want to live a long enjoyable life and I want my children to learn from my new formed healthy eating habits.

This is a more sustainable goal and has become my main focus!

What motivates you to keep on eating right and moving?

3 comments:

Julia @ The Bosky Blog said...

Your outlook is awesome! You are always so positive, I lurv it soo much!!

I am motivated by my health and future too!

Megan said...

That's a beautiful ring!

Knowing that someday (hopefully) my body is going to house a growing baby who needs me to be healthy to be the best home that that growing person needs. I want to be a good role model for my future kids and I need to learn to love my own body so I can show them how to love theirs.

Jillian said...

Thanks Julia & Megan!! :)